Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Renegade Sound - Kings Of Miami 2 - Rap Mullet Review









Oh shit Renegade is back with that wicked dancehall again. For you slow mutha fuckas this is Kings Of Miami 2 part of the Kings Of Miami series. Hahaha..you'd be surprised how slow some cats are. I'm not from Miami, never been to Miami but by the sounds of this mixtape series Renegade is def the King out there. 80 tracks deep again people...that shit amazes me.

I'm diggin' how Renegade seamlessly jumps in and out of the hip hop vocals and the dancehall cuts. That "Five O" remix gets me every time and I'm def not a big fan of Elephant Man. Mavodo is as cool as ever on "Stiff Neck Fools", same for Bennie Man on "First Date". That Silver Screen Riddim was my shit. TOK laced "No Way" over that joint. I'm def not one to shake my ass but the "Party Riddim" should get some thongs sweaty. I don't think I ever heard Chino before but dude went in on "Rave" and "Represent". The Bluetooth Riddim was cool. Movado on that liquid shit with "Squeeze". My rewind riddim was the "Backache Riddim" tho, especially "Gangsta Ras" by Munga....this joint and "Nuh Fraid A No Boy" sound type lovely in the whip.

I def got my dancehall fix on with this joint. Selecta Renegade never ceases to impress mixtape wise; mixing is cool as a fan and his ear is on point. I'm still waiting for some more Hip Hop/Reggae blends to drop tho and it would def be cool to throw some R&B into that mix as well. Hell, give the people everything all at once but with a reggae theme on some true party shit. (8/22/07)

http://www.rapmullet.com/reggae/reggaerev24.htm

No comments: