Saturday, August 11, 2007

Reggae Madness 2007 - Rap Mullet Review


Dexterity is back doing his thing on the mixtape side of things. He's got the new venture poppin' off as well; www.reggaeplanet.com. The spot encompasses everything reggae, from CDs to DVDs to downloads to magazines (I didn't even know they had reggae magazines) and of course all the classics. Its 90 degrees out right now, bout to put the windows down in the ride and see where this CD takes me.


Busta Rhymes actually dropped a dope verse on the “Come Around” remix. That beat is crazy tho so anyone with proper delivery will sound good on it. “No Guts” is the anthem!! I ran this track back to back to back to back like I was a fiend. I need to find the whole song cause Dexterity only let like a minute of it breathe. “Bang Bang” keeps that energy going too. Movado murders “Last Night”…shit is most def a classic track. That Show Off riddim is classic too. Is it me or is Wyclef on every other reggae remix right now? That joint with Sean Paul, “Toppa Da List” is cool as a fan. I’m fucking with Mr. Vegas on “You” too, that shit had me open. That whole run through the Spain Town Riddim was the shit. I’m on that up tempo, high energy music right now. I hate the song “Umbrella” but the Collie Budz remix was type fly.


Dexterity giving you hella unreleased joints on here with a perfect balance of some new shit. Time and time again over a decade now the man gives you a quality product to cop and listen to. There are only a handful of mixtape DJs now that can claim that. The bottom line is cats need to continue to support. Hit up Reggae Planet get that new shit and then re-stock those classics. (8/3/07)

No comments: